The 100 Best Foods for Brain Health
This article is from Brainwarrior.
Author: Daniel Amun
When people see food that shouldn't be eaten, they usually say "there's nothing to eat, I have to starve", and we can guarantee that you won't starve. In fact, there are hundreds of healthy and delicious food for us to choose from.
Here are 100 of my and Tana's favorite healthy foods.
1. Water 2. Soda water, plain or with a little stevia 3. Green tea 4. Coconut juice
Nuts and seeds
5. raw almonds 6. brazil chestnut 7. macadamia nuts 8. raw cocoa beans 9. cashew nuts 10. chia seeds 11. coconut meat 12. flaxseed 13. hemp seeds 14. pistachio nuts 15. pumpkin seeds 16. quinoa 17. sesame seeds 18. walnuts
19. lentils 20. chickpeas 21. sweet peas or snow peas
22. acai berry 23. apple 24. avocado 25. blackberry 26. blackcurrant 27. blueberry 28. cherry 29. cranberry 30. golden berry 31. medlar 32. grapefruit 33. kiwi 34. lemon 35. lime 36. peach 37. plum 38. pomegranate 39. raspberry 40. strawberry
41. artichoke 42. asparagus 43. bell pepper 44. beet 45. cabbage 46. broccoli 47. brussels sprouts 48. butternut squash 49. cabbage 50. cauliflower 51. celery 52. chlorella 53. kale 54. sweet potato 55. cabbage 56. leek 57. onion 58. seaweed 59. spinach 60. spirulina 61. fermented vegetables, such as pickled ginger and red cabbage.
62. avocado oil 63. coconut oil 64. macadamia oil 65. olive oil
66. Chicken 67. Eggs 68. Turkey 69. North American Bison Meat 70. Beef 71. Pork 72. Mutton
73. Italian silver fish 74. Black cod 75. Haddock 76. Haddock 77. Oyster 78. Halibut 79. Rare crab 80. Rainbow trout 81. Mackerel (don't eat the Atlantic mackerel, it's high in mercury) 82. Sardine 83. Wild Alaskan salmon
84. basil leaves 85. cinnamon 86. cloves 87. garlic 88. oregano 89. rosemary 90. saffron 91. sage 92. thyme 93. turmeric 94. nutmeg
95. Stevia 96. Erythritol 97. Natural puree honey (small consumption) 98. Xylitol
99. Konjac Silk 100. Maca Root
Note: beans should be a small amount of food, try to eat no antibiotics, no hormones, free-range grass-fed meat. It is recommended not to eat artificial sweeteners, sucralose and other forms of sugar.
Food that makes you happier.
Eating according to Brain Warrior's nutritional guidelines will not only give you a warrior-like body, but it will also change the way you think and improve every aspect of your life. The quality of your diet directly affects the quality of your life, and the food you put in your mouth can have a huge impact on how you see the world.
Fast, processed foods alter brain chemistry and function. If you feel depressed, lack of motivation, dizzy, and feel insignificant, the reason may not be entirely psychological. Food can affect more than 6 important neurotransmitters in the brain.
Serotonin is the neurotransmitter that makes you "don't worry, be happy". It is responsible for stabilizing mood, regulating sleep, controlling appetite and participating in social activities. During certain periods of a woman's menstrual cycle, serotonin levels are reduced, sometimes significantly, making them irritable and depressed. If someone is caught up in negative thinking and can't get out of it, it could be a sign of low serotonin levels.
People born with low serotonin levels are usually very fond of carbohydrate-rich foods, such as noodles, bread and high-sugar chocolate, because carbohydrates can increase serotonin levels and temporarily increase happiness. If you need carbohydrates that raise serotonin levels, you should avoid refined carbohydrates, which can cause inflammation and increase blood sugar and insulin levels. Complex carbohydrates from plant foods such as sweet potatoes, apples or sugar-free dark chocolate can help boost your serotonin levels. Supplements such as 5-hydroxytryptamine, inositol and saffron are also effective.
12 Foods That Raise Serotonin Levels
1. Sweet potato
8. Oranges or tangerines
Food that makes you smarter
Did you know that nearly 90 percent of serotonin is produced in the stomach? If you have digestive problems, intestinal permeability problems, then you are likely to have other problems related to serotonin imbalance.
A study by McGill University in Canada found that women make 52% less serotonin than men, which explains why twice as many women suffer from depression and why women are particularly fond of simple carbohydrates and chocolate. And, with birth control pills generally lowering serotonin levels even further, it's no surprise that women are twice as likely to suffer from depression as men. Exercise and beneficial carbohydrates can have an impact on your mood, mind and body.
Why don't restaurants offer free bread before meals? Why don't they offer cheese, almonds, beef or chicken? The reason is that bread makes you hungrier and makes you eat more. Bread makes your blood sugar rise rapidly, so does your insulin, which then pushes tryptophan, the precursor of serotonin, into the brain, making you feel happier and more relaxed. However, this can also interfere with the function of the brain's prefrontal lobe, making you more impulsive. Moreover, the waiter will recommend drinks at the beginning of the meal, which will further reduce the judgment of the brain. If you eat bread and drink alcohol before a meal, you are more likely to order dessert, even if you have warned yourself not to do so when you enter the restaurant.
Dopamine is associated with motivation, emotional meaning, attention, and the ability to feel pleasure. People with high dopamine levels are usually focused, aggressive, and passionate. Dopamine deficiency can cause attention deficit disorder, which makes people unfocused, motivated and motivated.
Protein-rich foods, such as seafood, poultry and lean meats, help boost dopamine levels. This is why, after removing refined carbohydrates, a protein-rich diet is the ideal diet for people with attention deficit disorder. But people with low dopamine levels can find themselves unable to sleep when they first start eating a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet and become overly focused on certain thoughts, especially those that are stressful. These supplements are good for people with low dopamine levels: green tea, drunken eggplant, rhodiola, ginseng and tyrosine.
Acetylcholine is important for learning, memory and association. Lack of acetylcholine can lead to reduced cognitive function and difficulty in learning new knowledge. To keep your mind sharp, you should eat foods that improve acetylcholine levels, such as eggs, liver, salmon, and shrimp. Beneficial supplements include choline, phosphatidylcholine, lecithin.
Gamma-aminobutyric acid is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, which has the effect of calming and smooth mood. It works in opposition to dopamine, which is like the throttle, and GABA is like the brake. A decrease in GABA can cause anxiety, irritability and some periodic mood problems, such as bipolar disorder. Foods rich in GABA include broccoli, nuts and lentils. Supplements include gamma-aminobutyric acid, Relora from Noao and theanine.
Glutamate and aspartate are excitatory neurotransmitters associated with memory, learning, and pain, but excess glutamate and aspartate are highly neurotoxic. The artificial sweetener aspartame in the standard American diet, luncheon meats, sausages, soybeans, wheat, peanuts, monosodium glutamate, and some preservatives, all contain excessive amounts of amino acids that stimulate neurotransmitters. Excessive glutamate and aspartate can damage neurons and cause neuronal death. They are related to diseases such as stroke, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, autism spectrum disorder, mental impairment, and Alzheimer's disease. No wonder neurodegenerative diseases and other brain problems began to increase dramatically as the nutritional levels of the American diet decreased. Understanding the brain and simple biochemistry, especially understanding the principles of food selection, can help you live a healthier life.
7 Foods to Improve Your Vitality and Mation
1. Beans, including green beans and lentils
2. Meat, including fish, lamb, chicken, turkey and beef
5. Seeds, including pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds
6. High protein vegetables including broccoli and spinach
7. Protein powder
Almost every day we hear people say, "I can't afford healthy food." We admit that it is cheaper to buy a 1,000-calorie cocoa muffin than a 1,000-calorie supply of fresh vegetables or grass-fed meat. If you have limited money to support your family, it's hard to give up sticky avocado and buy fresh avocado instead. You know, there's probably not even 30 grams of avocado in that avocado jam.
There is no doubt that we live in an unhealthy food culture where "weapons of mass destruction" are everywhere. Government subsidies support the production of cheap, low-quality food that makes us fat, sick and depressed. When you walk into a store, the first thing you see are long shelves filled with chemically made foods designed to attract your attention, transform your taste buds, and make you want to eat more sugar, bad fat and salt. If you're not a warrior on a mission, it's hard to stick with a green salad.
You have to be armed and try to eat healthier with limited money. This means changing your habits and priorities a bit, but we assure you it's worth it. Here are 30 tips to make the Brain Warrior nutrition plan easy and cheap.,
When you first start eating healthy brain warrior foods, you'll save a lot of money by eating healthy foods.
You'll save a lot of money on expensive high-sugar coffee, muffins, pastries, and no more
Buy unhealthy foods on impulse.
2. Buy a water purifier and you can get an unlimited amount of pure water. You can buy one for about $20
Faucet filters, or you can buy a reverse osmosis water purifier for less than $200.
3. Don't buy drinks, it can save a lot of money. Drink water and soak some oranges, tangerines or cucumber slices in
Drink in a cold kettle, it's like you're doing a spa in a luxury hotel in Hawaii.
4. Shop online and compare prices. You can use some Internet retailer's APP in the store.
Scan the label to see if it can be purchased online at a cheaper price. Many online retailers also
There is a free shipping service, so you can save gas money and time (time is also money).
5. Plan your meals and shop according to the plan. Make a list before shopping, which helps avoid rushing.
6. Go shopping after eating. Hungry shoppers buy more because of their blood sugar
The levels are lower and there is less blood flow in the frontal lobes.
7. Buying natural healthy food is what grows in the crops, not the large-scale machinery on the farm.
grown; buy unprocessed seafood, poultry and livestock meat so you can control the ingredients,
And they're usually not too expensive. Here are some natural health food recommendations:
Protein: healthy meat, fish, eggs;
Carbohydrates: vegetables, fruits and sweet potatoes;
◆ Fat: Olive oil, seeds, nuts and avocados.
8. You can buy more ingredients at one time, enough for cooking for a week. Buying large quantities of raw materials is usually more
Cheap, but not wasteful. For example, a healthy turkey can make a big meal, but also
To make salads, soups and burritos.
Buy seasonal vegetables and fruits because they are fresher and more affordable. You can also put more
The rest of the food is frozen, which can also save money. Vegetables and fruits are rich in antioxidants and dietary
Fiber. Buy low-glycemic index, high-fiber vegetables and fruits, especially organic berries,
Kale, cabbage, spinach, cauliflower and broccoli.
10. You can choose frozen vegetables and fruits. These foods are not thrown away because of the rot problem,
Cause waste. The freezing process destroys some vitamins, but frozen vegetables are a cheap
The method of obtaining nutrition, its nutrition also helps to improve brain function, anti-aging, resistance.
11. Be good at using the refrigerator. If you find that some food is going bad, try to freeze it,
12. Use affordable eggs to supplement protein. In the method of obtaining high-quality protein, eggs
Is one of our favorite methods.
Buy the whole chicken, not the parts of the chicken. This is more economical, saving about 75%.
14. Add some spices when cooking food. As mentioned earlier, spices are good for the brain. You don't need to buy them often, so it won't cost a lot of money. You can also buy spices in large quantities and mix and match them yourself, which will be cheaper.
Go to your local farmers market, where you can buy local food, which is usually organic, reasonably priced and of higher quality because there are no middlemen.
16. Whenever possible, the price of bulk food produced by brand-name companies will be lower.
17. Some dishes are specially made when cooking, which can be used as lunch for the next day.
18. For foods with high pesticide residues, buy organic; for foods with less pesticide residues, buy one
Just like it.
19. Buy raw dried fruits in large quantities and divide them into small portions. The dried jelly is also a very
Good way. It is cheaper to buy in bulk and can keep fresh when frozen.
20. Buy a whole cow or cow with a friend from a nearby farmer who doesn't use antibiotics or hormones
Half a cow, a whole pig, or half a pig. It takes a lot to buy a deep-frozen refrigerator and a lot of meat at first.
Money, but in the end your investment will pay off.
21. Broken turkey and large bags of hormone-free chicken legs are usually cheaper and nutritious.
22. Organic frozen tilapia is a great fish that is affordable to buy in large quantities and easy to cook.
Then. Sprinkle your favorite condiment on the side of the fish while cooking, fry it in a small amount of coconut oil,
Squeeze some lemon juice on top and you're ready for dinner. It's also great to make a fish taco with it.
23. Eat high-fiber, low-priced beans. Beans are rich in protein and it should become an economic
The main food of the family. To save money, you should buy raw black beans, red beans, chickpeas,
White beans and other beans, do not buy canned beans.
24. Special food specials can be found in newspapers and websites, as long as they meet the 10 items listed above.
Nutrition code, just put them on the shopping list.
25. Before eating, when the waiter asks if you need some wine, say no to him. Water is usually free.
It's expensive and contains no calories.
26. Don't order appetizers, they will only make you eat unnecessary calories.
27. Don't order the set meal in the restaurant, the portion of the set meal is usually too large.
28. Join a healthy eating community.
29. Reduce or no longer eat out. Cooking for yourself is not only more nutritious, but also more economical.
30. Grow your own vegetables or farm livestock. This will not only make your diet more nutritious, but also make your life
Live with more purpose.
13 Affordable Super Brain Foods
2. Kale, spinach soup
4. Red bell pepper
9. Sweet Potato
12. Black beans
[Exhibition Information Recommendation Details]]
Health products, nutrition products, special medical formula food, Guangzhou health products exhibition, Guangzhou food exhibition, probiotic products, organic food, children's nutrition, maternal and child health food
The "China Health and Nutrition Expo" (NHNE), sponsored by Sinopharm Reed Exhibition, is the largest professional exhibition of health nutrition and health products in China. Through two exhibitions a year (spring Shanghai, autumn tour), it has gathered tens of thousands of state-approved honest suppliers of blue hat health food and many new products and international health products, providing excellent brand promotion and product channel expansion services for domestic and foreign enterprises.
The 8th China Health and Nutrition Expo will be held on December 4-6, 2018 at the China Import and Export Fair Exhibition Hall (Guangzhou). The exhibition area is expected to exceed 40,000 square meters, bringing together 1000 product suppliers and professional service providers in the field of health and nutrition, as well as 100000 honest distributors, agents and terminal purchasers. It has become the best platform for merchants to find new products, exchange and learn, and master market information.
On December 4-6, 2018, multi brands gathered, Guangzhou held the 18th China International Health Expo and 2018 China (Guangzhou) Health Festival, the 8th China Health and Nutrition Expo, 2018 China Health and Nutrition raw materials/packaging/equipment Exhibition, International Natural Food and Beverage Expo.
Key words: medicine and Health Products Exhibition Health Nutrition Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Pazhou Health Products Exhibition Guangzhou Food Exhibition Guangzhou Health Products Exhibition Guangzhou Food and Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Health Products Investment Agency Investment Agency Investment Agency Investment Agency Investment Agency Investment Agency Health Products Nutrition and Health Products Exhibition China Health and Nutrition Exhibition Guangzhou Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Health Products Agency Investment Agency Guangzhou Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Investment Agency Investment Agency Guangzhou health Exhibition Guangzhou Pazhou Exhibition Guangzhou Health Products Agency Drug and Health Products Exhibition December Guangzhou Health Products Exhibition Guangzhou Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition December Guangzhou Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Health Products Exhibition Drug Fair Health Products Agency Exhibition NHNE China Health Industry Expo Drug Fair China Health Products Exhibition Guangzhou Drug Fair Drug Fair Health Products Exhibition China Health Products Exhibition